SHIATSU is a Japanese Full Body Therapy based on principals of Eastern Medicine.
Shiatsu therapy (sometimes described as a Japanese physiotherapy or acupuncture without the needles) is working on both – body and mind, it is working physically and energetically. It is a great way to calm down and relax if you have to deal with stress, anxiety, depression or any other emotional or mental problem.
It is also fantastic body work – with gentle stretches and rotations will make your body more flexible. Muscles mobilisation technique – Sotai – and joints mobilisation will reduce pains and aches and help your body regenerate after injuries.
Because of the pressure gently applied to the certain pressure points, Shiatsu will boost your blood circulation and improve your skin condition.
If you have hormonal imbalance with a symptoms as heavy PMS and painful periods, problems with your fertility, if you experience menopause or you deal with any autoimmune disease, then it is a great therapy to reduce those symptoms in a natural way. Shiatsu also improves your metabolism and regulates your digestive system.
Together with the regular exercises and healthy diet, Shiatsu will give you more balance and energy in everyday life and enhance your health and general wellbeing.
There is no requirement for oils, needles or ointments and you will stay fully clothed. Shiatsu is a completely safe treatment during the pregnancy and postnatal period.
Shiatsu Will Help You With:
- Stress Relief
- Sleeping difficulties
- Autoimmune disease, for example:
- Thyroid disorders
- Back pain, neck stiffness and shoulders tension
- Joints & muscles pains and stiffness / Sport Injuries
- Headaches and Migraines
- Digestive problems
- Fertility, Pregnancy, Postnatal
- Urinary problems
- Breathing problems and Asthma
- Hormonal Imbalances
- Mind and Body Balance
- General Wellbeing
Shiatsu during pregnancy. How shiatsu therapist can help women during their pregnancy?
- Helps with physical and emotional issues that arise during different stages of pregnancy
- Gives breathing and relaxation techniques
- Teach exercises which are useful in prenatal and labour preparation, i.e. stretches, squats
- Helps integrate physical changes by encouraging postural awareness